The Rehabilitation and Nursing Team at Christopher House specializes in post-acute hospital care. Physical, Occupational, Respiratory Therapy and Speech Language Pathology coupled with Skilled Nursing provide the assistance needed for a speedy recovery.
The HILLSIDE UNIT is designed to meet your post-hospital rehabilitation needs. A skilled and attentive staff will work with you to optimize your recovery. Our primary goal is to help you to return to your home as quickly as possible. While you recover, you will enjoy a large and sunny private or semi-private room with a full bath. Wifi, television and bedside telephones are available to add to your comfort.
Clinical Services include:
- IV therapy: IV Nutrition, Steroids and Antibiotics
- Wound care at all levels of severity
- Diabetic education including dietary needs, insulin injections, glucometer use and oral agents
- Ostomy care and education
- Orthopedic needs including post-surgical care
- Pain management: acute and chronic pain
- Neurological management
- Work with occupational therapists, physical therapists and speech-language pathologists to promote continuity of care to optimize outcomes post-hospitalization for Orthopedic, Neurologic, Cardio/Pulmonary Events
- Occupational Therapy – Improve ability for self-care; management of household tasks; medication management
- Physical Therapy – Strengthening. Improve ability to function within home and community including walking and stairs. Fall Risk Reduction. Pain Management.
- Speech Language Pathology – Improve vocal strength, swallowing, cognitive therapy. Post Stroke Management.
- Respiratory Therapy – Care includes assessment, evaluation and medication teaching/management including Nebulizers and Inhalers. 24 hour over-night Oximetry and intermittent use. Pleural Catheters. Bipap and Cpap. Oxygen Management up to 10 L. Energy Conservation Techniques.
When long term care is needed our team of highly trained and compassionate professionals are here for you. Three different units offer three different specialties.
LONG-TERM CARE – ALZHEIMER’S/DEMENTIA CARE
BROOKSIDE offers a safe and secure environment for residents living with Alzheimer’s/Dementia. Our hope is that residents residing on Brookside will remain here throughout the disease progression. Our staff is specifically trained in the treatment of conditions brought on by this disease. Residents receive medical, psychiatric and therapeutic services. Each resident’s primary caregiver serves as liaison between family and staff. The result is optimum individualized care for the resident and welcome support for family members. Programs and activities suited to residents in all stages of dementia are developed and managed by staff 7 days a week, 9:00 a.m. to 8:00 p.m.
One-on-one and group activities engage and stimulate, while the Sensory Room offers a calming and soothing environment. The beautifully landscaped courtyard, highly secure to eliminate the fear of wandering, offers a place to enjoy the outside while under constant staff supervision.
Brookside was designed in conjunction with the Alzheimer’s Association. Special care was taken to create a warm and comfortable environment that would be soothing to residents afflicted by this disease. Private and semi-private rooms comprise this neighborhood. WIFI is available to all, and arrangements for bedside television and telephone service can be made.
LONG-TERM CARE – MEDICALLY COMPLEX AND TRADITIONAL LONG TERM CARE
PUTNAM, serving the medically complex resident, and BELMONT, serving the traditional long-term care resident, comprise the top floor of Christopher House. Two separate neighborhoods accommodating 82 residents offer support and medical care to people who now call Christopher House home. Our Physicians, Registered Nurses, Licensed Practical Nurses, Certified Nursing Assistants, Therapists, Dietary Professionals and Recreation Staff bring a high level of energy and experience to our long-term care residences. This compassionate team of professionals focus on maintaining each resident’s optimal health and highest level of function. We serve residents with both acute and chronic health concerns who require 24-hour care.
These neighborhoods are comprised of a combination of private and semi-private rooms. WIFI is available to all and arrangements can be made for bedside television and telephone service. Each residence has its own dining room and recreational room. Covered porches and a large outside covered patio offer peaceful spots to sit and visit with friends and family.